Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bringing in the new year!

Well 2011 is finally here!! Reading through my emails I found this great one from MOPS and wanted to share it with those who don't receive the emails.

Enjoy!


                                                           A Clean Slate      By Tally Flint


January is a very minimalist month for us. After the clutter of December, I want to clear out not only our home, but also my heart. There seems to be something so fresh and clean about a new year.


"With God’s help, I’m looking at a clean slate – completely free of mistakes."

I heard a woman speak once about cultivating a practice of “do-overs” in her family. She told the story of how her young son stormed into the house one day and slammed the door behind him, something she’d asked him repeatedly not to do. She described the angry frustration that bubbled up inside her, and then the thought that challenged her to offer him a “do-over.” He accepted the offer and exited the house, paused a moment, and then reentered, this time closing the door softly behind him. He learned a lesson, and she kept the close connection between them.
Could you use a do-over this year? I could. Good thing God is in the business of do-overs. I love knowing that the less-than-sterling moments of my 2010 don’t have to follow me into 2011. With God’s help, I’m looking at a clean slate – completely free of mistakes. And while I’m sure to start racking those up soon, I cling to the truth that they are not what define me or my mothering. And they’re not what define you either. Here’s to a fresh start!




Dear God, help me to revel in the freshness of a new year. Work through me to mold me into the woman and mother you have called me to be.

Can't wait to see everyone at our next meeting on January 11th! Bring a friend and come ready to have a wonderful chat!

3 comments:

  1. 5:27 am??!! Wow! I was just entering REM sleep at that time. :) Love the e-mail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I wasn't up that early! Don't know why it posted that time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post! And Janel you don't get up at 4:00 am every day to exercise and do your two hour Bible study? What's wrong with you? Hee hee!!!

    ReplyDelete