Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"Mom, you just need to give it to God"

****Here is the recent email from MOPSInternational******


I Give Up
By Jacy Bowers
It’s the end of the holiday season and I’m just managing to catch my breath. But the call to start the New Year off with a bang still beckons. How do I keep the post-Christmas stress at bay? I have a feeling the answer lies within a recent family lesson.

Just two days before Christmas, my family prepared for a relaxing dinner out as a sort of reward for the busyness we knew would follow. The kids were excited to get out and I was looking forward to a nice dinner with the family, with someone else doing the serving.
"Mom, you just need to give it to God."

But then we received a call from a tenant with a clogged toilet at our rental property. Finding a plumber with good rates and the ability to complete the job before Christmas proved a struggle. Remaining relaxed at our family dinner an hour later when the plumber called to say he’d need to charge more in order to finish the job proved an even bigger struggle.
I got off the phone and couldn’t help but start venting to my husband about the added cost. The stress threatened to bubble over, then my seven-year-old said, “Mom, you just need to give it to God.” Wow, the simple faith out of the mouth of a child. He was exactly right: it was out of my control. I looked at him and decided I was just going to enjoy my yummy food and my precious family. God can handle the rest.

Dear God, thank you for how my child shows me the faith that I need to hear, so simple and honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment